Monday, 21 September 2015

Tiffany steps out of her comfort zone in Summer 2015

Hi guys, hope you all have had a lovely summer! This is Tiffany, International Student Ambassador from Hong Kong .

I believe that most international students will go home for their summer but it’s actually a good idea to travel around. Especially for those of you having a three months summer holiday! This summer I went to United States and it has been a blast. I tried so many new things and I think all of you should also step out of your comfort zone more often! The outcome will definitely surprise you.


I was never an outdoor person. But in California everyone seems to love the nature. I actually really enjoy eating outside on the lawn and even want to go hiking! I also went to the aquarium and different museums in my free time and I loved it. These aren’t the things that I’ll usually do but it has become my new interest.  
One fun thing was I was super terrified of ants until one of my housemate decided to keep some giant ants as pets (yes she kept it as pets I am serious).


You’d be surprise how different people talk in America. My friends always find my British words funny. Guess I’ve learnt a bit during the two years in Sheffield! 
Going to different countries and meeting different people is always fun. It also makes me realize how lucky I am that I can meet all these people from different countries in Sheffield. I bet you also love the diversity like I do.




For the last month of my summer, I went back home. Seeing all my friends and having all those good food make it just perfect. Now it’s time to go back to Sheffield! And I actually missed university so much even though summer was fun.






Hope to see you all soon in Sheffield!
By Tiffany (Hiu Lam) Kwong
International Office Ambassador for Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment