Friday, 13 March 2015

Tiffany’s February Favorite

It’s me, Tiffany again, the Hong Kong ambassador for Sheffield. Learn more about me and my time at Sheffield on my web page.


As February is coming to an end, I noticed that there were so much going on for me! So I thought why not talk about all of my favourite things in February!?


The weather is still cold in Sheffield and classes start again. As a politics major, I have a lot of  10am classes this term and life is going back to normal. However there’s still something special about February.
First of all, there is the weather. The weather talk might seem clichéd, but I felt the need of it in Sheffield. Even though we're now in February, there was still snow. Layering up on snowy days to go to class is routine. To be fair, it’s actually not that bad when you compare to the States! But still, I think it’s just a tad too cold for me just yet and I’m so ready for spring.




You might think that new year is long gone but in fact, Chinese New Year is on the 19th February this year. As I am in Sheffield, visiting relatives and getting red pocket money is not an option, so I chose to spoil myself with all kind of sweets and chocolate!Friends from home just wont stop sending me photos of their New Year food, to make me jealous, but I guess this is another kind of friendship love?!




Another superb thing in February to me is definitely the Fashion Week. With only 5 hours of time different with New York, I managed to watch my favorite Marc Jacobs fashion show  LIVE! That was definitely a highlight of the month for me. Finishing my readings for my class, just simply tuck into bed and watching fashion shows on live TV with ice cream is the best thing ever.


One of the great things about going to university is probably you get to manage your time and do what you want! And this includes having ice cream in such a cold weather and at an unreasonable time!




That’s all from me now, or else it’ll be me expressing all my love to Marc Jacobs. Hope y’all also had a very lovely February!


By Tiffany Hiu Lam Kwong
International Office Ambassador for Hong Kong
Email: hongkong@Sheffield.ac.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment