Monday, 16 February 2015

Introducing Erika from Japan - Accommodation in Sheffield over the summer


Hi, my name is Erika Uchiyama and I am the International Office Ambassador for Japan. You can find out more about me on-line here, on the University web pages.

Today, I would like to tell you about my accommodation experiences over the summer period.

My room at Endcliffe before I unpacked!
Last summer, I took the pre-sessional course iat the University's English Language Teaching Centre (ELTC) for 10 weeks. I lived in University accommodation in Endcliffe. The benefits of living there are the security and it is very well-organized. They do maintenance on  our rooms when we are in class if needed, and we can ask questions anytime if we have some problems. The reception
Endcliffe Student Village
is open 24 hours a day.  Plus, there was a kind of student mentor who came to our flats regularly to talk about some events we can join and ask us if we have any troubles or concerns. He was really friendly and helpful.


The only issue I had was that it was a little far to walk. Though it was still near to the main University campus, we needed to walk to Bartolome House near Weston Park and this took about 30 minutes. It was okay because we can pass shops, cafes, parks on our way to school and I was living there in summer so it was a nice walk.

Endcliffe was a really beautiful and calm place to live. I saw some lovely squirrels here and there from my room. Also, it is close to the Botanical Gardens and Endcliffe Park. I used to run around there. There is a walking road from Sheffield to Peak District. If you like living in a  green environment, I definitely recommend living there!

By Erika Uchiyama
International Office Ambassador for Japan

6 comments:

  1. in your this blogs you are takings about your previous apartment, i want to ask you something about your previous house, as you say your house nearly to the Weston park, what was the culture of their's peoples, did they humble for you, and about your apartment, was this best for you?



    IQ Sheffield | All inclusive student accommodation in Sheffield

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's marvelous opportunity to bring about Introducing Erika from Japan. thanks for sharing with us.

    Student accommodation in Leicester

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I now about it its really difficult to get accommodation in Japan or other country .
    if any student want best accommodation they can easily check this link
    and get your accommodation before you arrived in university thanks


    Best student accommodation in Leicester
    Cheapest student accommodation in Leicester
    All inclusive student accommodation
    Student accommodation close to De Montfort University

    ReplyDelete
  5. one of the glories Accommodation in Sheffield over the summer my dream come true when i would be go to Sheffield.

    Aspect 3 | Omnia Sheffield

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes so appreciate this kind of massive below about Accommodation in Sheffield over the summer. thanks for aware this info.

    Cheapest student apartments in Manchester | Closest student accommodation to Manchester University

    ReplyDelete